crying baby

idk wat to do! my 4 1/2 month cries hardcore when i leave the house even for a few minutes. i live with my parents and she loves them to death, but she still cries when i leave. it breaks my heart idk what to. any advice would be of great help!

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will get better and they will quit eventually. I had a baby that cried and cried. She was still like that right up through to 1st grade. Babies have phases of attachment where they just do this. I think because attachment is so important it might be good to give her as much time as you can.

Maybe have your parents sit next to her and try to connect with baby while babies with you.

Playing peek-a-boo can be good to so she gets used to the idea that you always come back.

Take comfort in knowing that you are your babies safe place, that's why she/he cries when you leave. As a foster mom I work with many kids who never had that safe place and now they suffer for it.

Your baby is precious, your obviously a really good Mom becasue you care so much, and you will be fine and so will your precious one!

Many Blessings,
    Mother Duck MJ
    MotherDuckMJ

Answer by MotherDuckMJ at 12:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• take her with you?
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• thank you motherduckmj that really helped :) and no i cannot take her with me bc im going to work.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2008