If you were a sexually active teen, WHY did you become/stay sexually active?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 12:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• It was my way of feeling loved and accepted, I did it because I thought that is what was required for a man to love me. It had nothing to do with whether it felt good or not, it was all about finding someone to love me, and in the short term boosted self esteem.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Because boyfriend and I stayed together through high school, after high school, we went our separate ways and saw each other for a booty call every once in a while, then I met my husband and got married at 21. Once you have tried it it is hard not to say active.

Answer by older at 12:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I was basically bullied into having sex with my boyfriend, he wouldn't leave the subject alone. Most of his friends were having sex, and his step sister brought home a different guy every weekend. So it was mostly peer pressure, I guess. And once we started having sex, we didn't see a reason to stop. If I had it to do all over again, knowing what I know now, I would have wanted to wait for my husband who has never known any woman but me. I would love to have been able to give him the same!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• because I wanted to get laid??????
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• BFs, curiosity, I wanted to. I do hope my daughters wait longer though.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We had intense chemistry and it was hard not too
    I'll bet we still would all these years later,but I'm not about to find out!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I was with someone for 2 years. We didnt have sex until a year after we started dating. I was in love with him. I got married at 19, lost my virginity at 17. I dont regret my choice.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think I was curious and just wanted too. I was one of the last of my friends to lose their virginity and I was 14. So I think part of it was wanting to fit in with the group I hung with. Once I started, it never occurred to me to stop. I don't regret it, I didn't suffer from my choice, I don't think I was looking for anything, I only had sex when I chose to, I always had safe sex, I was on birth control (thanks mom), I had sex with some people that, now I don't think I should have. But I do want my daughter to wait, there is no rush.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Because I have hormones too. And, if my DD/DS want to become sexually, I WILL support it,
    and ALLOW IT! I will preach about safe sex. !!!!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• sexually active*
    khf22