My son is 15 months today, is it bad that I give him a bottle (Water) when i put him in the crib for the night??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think it's time to stop the bottles...i personally stopped the midnight bottles at about 8 months, and then stopped the bottle completely at 12 months. but to each their own. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I personally think its your preference. My daughter didn't stop her bottle until she was almost 2. She stopped the binky and some other things fairly easily, but seemed to just want a bottle at nap and bed time. I would gradually work in a sippy if you want and once you've got that down, then later gradually work on taking a drink in the bed away all together. I don't see a problem with it, but a lot of people would disagree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• All lot of people are very strict with "rules" and guidlines" when it comes to babies/toddlers. These days more and more moms are realizing that our kids will teach US what's best for them as far as breastfeeding, bottles, and binkys are concerned. I think we are learning that it is more important to let the child do what is most comfortable (within reason, of course). A bottle of water is not harmful in any way and will not affect his ability to drink from a cup during the day. In fact some children at his age don't get enough water. Only my opinion but I think it's fine. Best of luck.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• As long as its only water I think its fine.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 2:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My son is 27 months and we are on day 3 with no bottle. He usually only got water in it at nap time and bed time. Then he refused to drink out of his sippy cups because he wanted the bottle because it was easier. He got to the point he wouldn't eat unless I gave the bottle to him as well. So I finally decided he needed to be done with it. He needed it for comfort, but was becoming to attached to it now. If it is just water and you are fine with it go ahead.
    EtiesMommy

Answer by EtiesMommy at 3:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I was wondering the same thing my little guy 15 months too seems to still want one it doesn't bother me but I don't know if I should give it to him or not.
    MommieBobbie07

Answer by MommieBobbie07 at 7:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My first daughter was still having water at night until 2; I took away the bottles for both when my younger one was about 15/16 mon, and replaced it with a water cup. It was summer and hot and I thought it would help to keep them hydrated.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• There's no harm.
    Be aware that he may flood out his diaper by morning. Try Overnight diapers or diaper doublers. That works for us!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I've never heard anyone say not to let you child have bottle water I know with milk it sets on the teeth and cause tooth decay But i dont know if your worried about your child's teeth i would call a dentist and ask them if its okay.
    Anonymous