Ladies: Are you a Feminist?

As a woman, I personally believe that we are equal in all ways to men.And that we should have everything on a level playing field in the house,job market,etc,etc.

So,how many of you are like me...and are Feminists?

Kassie09

Asked by Kassie09 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I am a strong minded independently thinking and speaking individual who happens to be a female....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I wouldnt believe I'm 100% feminist. I believe in equal rights, but I also believe there are some things MOST women cannot or should not do. For example, being in an infantry unit in the military. However, I think everything is a possibility for women and we should strive for equality and to keep our rights.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I feel that I am but that being a feminist also involves the right to make our own choices regarding work and family and I choose to stay home with my kids. I don't know if that makes sense, as sometimes I feel people find it inconsistent not to desire to work or to believe I feel satisfied at home when I am college educated etc.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• In the very truest, original sense of the word, I am a feminist. I part ways with many of the modern notions of feminism, but I respect very much a woman's place in this world...that we are not lesser beings in any way.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would like to see a feminist go swing a hammer down in the pit at the foundry I used to work at.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'm not a feminist..but I do believe women should and can do everything a man can do ~ except pee standing up. ;P
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I agree.

I also think part of being a feminist is to feel free to do what you want regardless of what society expects of you as a woman. I have been told that i can't be a feminist because i enjoy my life as a house wife. I love to cook, clean, care for my family & always have treats when guests come over. But, i disagree.....I do what i like because i am free to do it & i enjoy it. Being a feminist doesn't mean to be against femininity as many people believe. It means to have equality, and to live your life as a women who has the freedom to do what she wants.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Nope, not a feminist and not ashamed to admit it!!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Feminism is not about comparing physical strength carpy. But, if a woman thinks she could swing that hammer just as hard, i think she should at least be given the opportunity to try.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• "I would like to see a feminist go swing a hammer down in the pit at the foundry I used to work at. "

I've known some who can do that better than men!

I am a feminist in the sense that a woman... OR A MAN... should be able to do whatever they WANT and are CAPABLE of doing. Gender should not restrict them if they have the ability.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2011