Spin-off question. Is it common to be an adult and not know how to kiss?

I've never been comfortable kissing and when I did try, I felt a bit silly and gave up. I've never been comfortable with sex and kissing and I know that is the reason I never learned. I want to start feeling comfortable with myself and without feeling stupid about sex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Kissing is, in general, silly feeling. and sex is just the same way. I was not very comfortable with sex even with dh. I expressed how I felt to dh and he was willing to be patient with me. Then it was a lot of relaxing and trust in him to not laugh at what I felt was so silly.
    Now its all good. even when we kiss, we goof around, he does this weird thing where he moves his lips like he's in a passionate kiss and it just makes me laugh. I spit at him laughing yesterday and he just laughed back.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Everyone is different and like different things. Don't feel like you have to fit in some kind of mold. Making love is intimate enough for a lot of guys.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• A lot of people don't know how to kiss..thank God I Married THE best kisser there is! ;D

Sorry you're not comfie..I hope you can work through it someday.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Ask a partner what they like and model what they do. My husband wasnt great at first but he was eager to know what I liked. Dont feel nervous I bet it bothers you more than anyone else and most men will say any sex is good sex crude as it sounds. Seriously though letting someone else take the lead will be easier. Maybe listen to music you like during and set the stage so to speak to make it feel the best for you whether thats candles, a nice dinner, a glass of wine, you taking a bubble bath first and wearing sexy lingerie, whatever works for you.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I know how you feel ! HERE'S SOME GREAT NEWS FOR YOU !
    It's not uncommon. By the time you find Mr RIght, your Hormones level will be so high, you'll learn how to kiss etc !
    I was just like you, and when Mr Right showed up, I don't know how, but I found all the passion in the world, cause
    he inspired me !!!

Good luck, watch some Youtube tutorials, they really work !!!
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2011