If you grew up in a small town...

what did you do for fun, or what was a popular thing that kids did for "fun?"

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 12:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• rode our bicycles alot lol and went to the skating rink on the weekends
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• riding bikes, playing baseball, going for hikes in the woods, kites
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I grew up in the city, many years ago 7 we didn't have a TV until I was about 10, so it was mostly out doors activities. Dodge ball , hop scotch, jump rope, riding bikes, Mother May I, baseball on 4 corners of a block, cards. We also played Manolopy so much to this day I can not stand the game. It's sad how the kids now of days don't seem to be able to just go outside and play. IMO I just LOVED to be outside, sometimes when my Dad would call me to come in, I'd actually pretend I didn't hear him until he called several times. They were as they say "The Good Ole Days."
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I moved my kids to a small town while they were little and grew up here....what they have done for fun was the simple things like catching tadpoles and watch them grow into frogs, alot of swimming and fishing, and small towns are big on sports for the kids, they got to bee teens and they would play hide and seek with their cars....you get 2 to 4 cars full of friends and park somewhere and the others drive around to find the one hiding.
    pit parties, bon fires, mudding,
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I went to school in a small town, but lived about 30 miles from nowhere. So I rode horses, fished, swam. ETC. My kids ride bikes and hang out with friends...usually here. It's great to know who your kids are friends with. And surprisingly how much they are willing to talk to you and tell you what's going on in their lives.
    myheartflys

Answer by myheartflys at 4:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• lived by a creek, so we were always playing in it and catching crawl dads. if not that then at the park witch was less then a block away or bike riding. i miss the good ole days lol
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 5:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We cruised main street once we were old enough to drive. Before that we rode our bikes to the cemetery.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 10:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Kids in my town used to just hang out in front of the bank or "cruise the main." They also used to go hide in corn fields and drink. I never saw the allure in any of it, but I was too busy for most of it anyway. I do remember when I was littler when we would ride our bikes all over town, and it wasn't a worry for our parents. We'd play in the empty lot behind my house, building ramps for our sleds or dirt forts for water balloon fights...
    misses_nick

Comment by misses_nick (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Feb. 22, 2011