How can I get my body back in shape?

My daughter is 1 now, and I'm really trying to get my body back in shape. Ive lost majority of the weight i gained, I still have 15lbs to go. My thighs obviously got thicker and my stomach did also --- and its wrinkled.
I got this lotion from avon that has helped the wrinkles, but every exercise I try isnt working on my stomach or legs. My arms too need to be in shape.
Does anyone know of any exercises that work? maybe ones that i can do throughout the day (if not then ANY will work lol)

Also, what kind of diet or foods will help?

BelloItaliano

Asked by BelloItaliano at 12:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Well, pretty much any exercise you do is good exercise. The key is to be consistant and to eat less. Your diet should be high in whole grains, fruits and veggies.
    As for specific exercises, you should def do cardio and strength training. You can take your DD out for a walk in her stroller, and just walk really fast for at least 20 min. Then you can increase either the amount of time you walk or just walk faster to get a more intense workout. For strength training the easiest and cheapest way to do it is to buy some dumbells and work out at home. you can do curls, tricep extensions, rows, should press, etc. You could also do squats for your legs, hips and butt. For your stomach you can do crunches and planks.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You have to work on your lifestyle which includes plenty of good nutritious food, exercise, fresh air, sleep and sunlight to name a few. You are only as strong as your weakest link.

If you are unsure with diet - eat as much fruit as you desire before each meal and include a large green salad everyday..that is a start. Fruits and greens provide all of the essential nutrients your body needs.

If you need help with diet though you can always find diet programs to follow. This website has some reviews:

http://www.stripthatfatnow.com/DesperateToLoseTop3.html

Exercise should be something you enjoy at first - try different classes. Things I do - running because I love it, yoga because it tones and also some weights. I would do something you enjoy so you can stick at it though.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I swear by Jazzercise. After two 50 lb pregnancies and 2 c-sections, my body was in sad shape and looked nothing like it did pre-pregnancy. My local Jazzercise studio offers childcare for $1.50/class (the best deal in town!). Jazzercise is so fun that it doesn't feel like exercise, the morning classes are full of other mom's working off the same baby weight so there's a lot of solidarity, and now my body is fit and tight (I just bought a pair of size 4 jeans!).

I build 3 workouts/week into my schedule so that I know I'll go. Truth is, I get moody when something prevents me from going, I love it that much!

Jazzercise is usally less expensive than a gym membership, too, because it's just a dance studio rather than a full gym. See http://www.jazzercise.com for local classes.

Of course, i'm all about healthy eating, too! See my quick and easy recipes: http://www.GloriousOnePotMeals.com.
    OnePotMealsLady

Answer by OnePotMealsLady at 8:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2008