What are reasons why my scalp, arms, face & neck are itchy the last couple days?

The only time I remember it being this way I was having an allergic reaction to a med.

I wonder if I was bit by something???

Any ideas?

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 12:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Health

• Sounds to me like it could just be because of the dryness. Use head and shoulders for a while (it will remoisturize and take away the itchies), and make sure that you are lotioning your face and arms. You can also take a Benedryl to help with the itching.

If you notice a rash, go to the Dr. to get it diagnoses and receive a tx plan.

I totally get you about the sick kids. :( Winter always is very COLORFUL around here.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It sounds like you could be reacting to a new facial lotion, shampoo/conditioner, facial soap, laundry detergent, or bleach in your bedsheets . . .
    Have you been using a new brand of any of these products?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Do you have a new animal in the house? New sunscreen? Super Dry skin?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• rash?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Dry skin, or perhaps and allergic reaction to something you ate, my SIL developed an allergy to seafood when she was 40, it could also be hives, are you nervous about something?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Itchyness can be caused by dry skin. I've found I get super itchy when I first become pregnant. Usually and antihistamine can give you relief.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have to use Head and Shoulders and lotions during the winter every year because the dry air and being stuck inside is awful for my skin. The rest of the year I'm fine.

I hope you find some relief!
    smurfyabs

Answer by smurfyabs at 5:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No which is why its driving me crazy. :( The more I think about it too I swear the more it itches,
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My skin has been dryer lately from being in the house all week with sick kids. I bet thats it. Never though of that, thanks!!!!!!!
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I dont think I am nervous in particular about anything but the kids have drove me crazy lately and I am sort of a high strung person.
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2011