Would like opinions on pageant systems in Georgia.

KamiBug2010

Asked by KamiBug2010 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Ick. Pageants are just wrong but keep in mind that I'm speaking from an Oregon state of mind.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 4:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I did pageants in Texas as a teen and I feel that it's really losing the focus of sportsmanship. I also watch that show "Toddlers and Tiaras" which is a glorified look into the pageant world and not a fair look into the pageant world. Not all pageants are like that! But the competition is fierce and taken very seriously by some. I think that for some people this competition sport is very misunderstood. There is a lot of training that must take place to get a contestant in top performance level. I am now speaking of those that compete for titles on the state and national level. As a runner must train for months for a race so must a pageant contestant. While it is horrible to dress your 3 yr old up as a 16 yr old; the time spent in front of a judge in the Miss USA system does provide a girl with the public speaking skills.
    liltxtornado

Answer by liltxtornado at 11:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I'm not any help there, so I'll bump you. Good luck.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2011