Please read need help!!!

How do i tell if my ambiotic(SP?) fluid is leaking? without going to the ER I dont have a car to go. My SO is at work. I am leaking something. It is clear, isnt sticky, mucusy or smelly. It does have a smell just not a distinct one. It leaks little gushes every 20min or so. I have been having pains all day in my pelvic area and back. I'm only 32wks. Put a call into dr waiting for them to call back.

ILOVEYALL i thank you for your answer the first time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Change your clothing and move around. If it is amniotic fluid it will continue to leak and get your clothing wet. My water broke at 32 weeks exactly. I wasn't sure if my water had broke or I had an accident. I changed my clothes and walked around and within a few minutes they were wet again. Labor pains can also happen in the back.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have changed my clothes 3 times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I think I'd actually go to the hospital and talk to someone in Labor & Delivery.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have been told that amniotic fluid smells sweet, mine never broke on it's own. My mucus plug liquified and would gush out. It freaked me out everytime.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If you have changed your clothes three times I would go in
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I put in the ? that I dont have a car to go and there is not telling when my SO will get home could be 5min could be 3hrs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• call someone...anyone
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• What about a cab, or family member, neighbor. Or can you call him to let him know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• no...I cant i live in the middle of nowhere and i dont have any faily around besides I have a toddler and a baby.
    Now someone said it would have a sweet smell what kind of smell what does it smell like?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I was told sweet like sugar water
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2008