Anyone else that has a child or two with their s.o. & not married?

My man, (can't technically say husband!),& I have been together alittle over 5 years. We've talked about marriage, but at the moment, we act & live like we're married, & it's no big deal to us that we're not. We completely love eachother. No offense to any married people, but we actually get along better than most married couples we know. We have a 41/2 y.o. son together. No previous children on either side. So, anyone else not married & o.k. with it, at least for now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm not married and I'm okay with it! My SO was my high school sweetheart...we went our own separate ways for college and eventually got back together. Our relationship has always been really easy. We get along, we are good to each other, we both contribute to the household, we have the same views on parenting, but we're just not married. I'm pregnant, and we're still not in a rush. We actually talked the other day about it because I said in a few years when I'm finishing my doctorate I would like to have another baby and we talked about whether we should get married first and I guess its just not a priority for us.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• im pregnant and we arent married yet but we are getting married dec 26th and im due april 29th and we have already just said we are married we just love each other and thats all that matter
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• We've been together 4 years and have a 3 month old son and your relationship sounds pretty much like ours!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• ( I'm the o.p.)-Thanks, I was hoping we weren't the only ones! It's just some people get caught up in the"are you guys going to get married?", or," don't you really love eachother ?" stuff like that. I respect that some religions do believe in marriage from beginning to end, so I'm not downing that, but we're not religious. There's other people in our families that have s.o.'s, & not married. I personally feel you either get along/love eachother, or you don't, married or not. If that wasn't true, there wouldn't be so many divorces. We know that we love eachother. No one has to tell us that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• hello well my bf and i have a two yr and not married as of yet. hopefully soon.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I WENT 10 YEARS BEFORE ME AND MY HUSBAND GOT MARRIED AND BY THEN WE HAD A 4 YEAR OLD I USED TO FEEL LIKE YOU DID BUT TRUST ME IT IS WAY BETTER THAT WE ARE MARRIED I FEEL BETTER THERE IS MORE TRUST RESPECT AND I THINK MORE LOVE AND AND YOU GET HIS LAST NAME !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have been with my boyfriend for six years we have three kids and one is not his she is from my ex husband anyways I told him recently that we should get married he told me hes ok like this so I kicked him out I told him I could find someone better that will give me his last name so four days later he came back and we set a date .I am getting married in two more days .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes me and my BF are together for 7 yrs the 16th of this month...we share 2 boys 3 and 2 yrs old. We are not married. He has never been. I was for 14 yrs and have three kids from that marriage. Some days I wish we were married...but some days I am not so ready to go running down the isle again.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008