Did you (or know someone who) have a "just us" wedding, or elope? Do you regret it?

CC1109

Asked by CC1109 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I know a couple who eloped to Switzerland! They are the most beautiful, happy couple I know!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My best friend got married in Greece. Just her and hubby. She LOVED it and wouldn't change a thing.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We were planning to, a drive thru Elvis ceremony in Vegas.

We ended up having about a dozen friends and family fly out with us though and switched to an elaborate Blue Hawaii Elvis ceremony.

Even with people though I regretted not sharing our celebration with more friends who didn't know we'd even gotten married and ended up having a reception for about 75 at a local hall a couple months after the ceremony and showed the wedding video. It was fun and a nice compromise.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I had one. I never regretted it.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I had a "just us" wedding. I do not regret it at all!! My family however.... was not very happy with us.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My husband and I decided to avoid the big to-do (and possible family drama) and just went to a little town courthouse / chapel and tied the knot. No regrets. The goal was to be married and that's what we did.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I had a wedding ceremony with about 6 or 7 friends, and we got married by a friend who got ordained just for us :) I do regret, though, not having a big wedding ceremony with a cake and flowers and a dress and all that stuff. My family didn't know for a week, at least! I wanted to do something big for our 10 year anniversary, but I don't know if we will or not.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• When my son remarried they eloped to New Orleans and called us on the way home. It is what they wanted. The most important thing is I've never seen him this happy so that makes us happy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Eloped on a just us wedding. It's what we wanted.  Why would I regret it? 

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Me and hubby did. We had what we call our 'britney spears' wedding. One drunk night we just decided to get married, and so we did. No regrets, we can always have a big wedding later, it's no biggie.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2011