Can a mans sperm quality cause re-occuring miscarriages?

My ex husband and i were pregnant a year ago and about a week after i found out i was pregnant, i had a miscarriage. Before him and i met he and his ex had gotten pregnant and she as well had a miscarriage. My DH and i agreed we wanted to start a family. So ive been worried about whether is was my body that could have caused the miscarriage or whether my ex husbands sperm could have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There is no way of saying really, without everyone being tested. It could be flukes, a combination of factors, his sperm, your eggs, or an unknown chromosome issue. If you are very worried about it, speak to your OB/GYN.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I agree with balagan imma they then do blood work.
    Anonymous

• Most Miscarriages are caused by a genetic flaw that prevents the fetus from growing normally. The fetus dies & your body expels it. Most women have had at least one miscarriage (some before they even knew they were pregnant), some, many more then go on to have multiple normal pregnancies. The only thing you can do if you have another miscarriage, is go & have blood work done for genetic abnormalities, make sure that your reproductive system has no issues, get your DH to have his sperm tested and have him do a genetic blood work up as well. Go to a Reproductive Specialist that will handle all the testing you need.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2011