Taking pleasure in others weight gain?

Just saw on fb that an old boyfriend has gained a lot of weight. Personally I dont' think that weight gain is a bad thing, but when we dated, and after, he put a lot of emphasis on keeping his body in shape. And was a real jerk about it.

Has anyone else ever been a little happy to see an ex or old friend/rival looking less than perfect?

pioneergirl10

Asked by pioneergirl10 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• yes lol i'll leave it at that
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• lol yes. two people.an ex and a family member.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Maybe a little smirk of satisfaction...but I never revel in another's unhappiness, so if I see that they are unhappy I hurt for people...even if I don't like them or they were unkind in some way.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I saw a former best friend and her hubbyy at the store recently and I just felt real bad for them. They had been through some hard times and they both gained weight. We had our differences, but life didn't deal them a good hand.

I felt sad and wistful for the old days....
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• LOL I have been taking pleasure in watching SO gaining weight,for most of our marriage I have been bigger than him so I am just loving it.;)
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 4:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2011