Red eye-What could it be?

My 17 year-old DD wears contact lens. Two weeks ago, her right eye became red and irritated. It was like that all week. That friday, we took her to the doctor and she was given antibiotics to take every three hours for seven days. After that week, her eye was better, so she put in a new pair of contacts (same brand, same brand of solution). It was fine for two days, but last night her eye was red. No pain. She took out her lenses. Today, the eye is still red, and stinging/burning. What could this be?

P.S. She is going back to the doctor tomorrow.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Could it be an allergy?
    MrsAmontandkids

Answer by MrsAmontandkids at 1:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Could be allergies, however when that happened to me it was an eyelid infection. I could not wear the lenses for 1 month. My son had an allergic reaction to a new lens, however he also had puffy eyes with the itching and burning.
    millman

Answer by millman at 2:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• possible infection in her eye. does she take out her contacts every night or does she sleep in them. it could also be keeping her eye too dry. that is why i cant wear contact that much my eyes dry out to easy and start burning and watering up all the time. check with her dr. good luck.
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 4:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Make sure she takes out and cleans the contacts every night. NO sleeping in them. SHe could be allergic to the solution she is using or she isn't getting all the cleaner off the contacts.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011