Safe while Nursing???

A couple of my friends are losing their post pregnancy weight by going to a weight loss clinic--They are taking getting a shot every week in the buttocks with vitamin B......The results have been phenomenal in both of them.

I had my baby 8 months ago, and still have some weight on me. I would love to do the vitamin B shots, but I am not sure about the safety while breastfeeding. Neither of my friends are breastfeeding.

Does anyone know about the safety of vitamin B shots while nursing a baby????

RiaChristine

Asked by RiaChristine at 1:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My OB told me to take extra vitamin B after my daughter was born. Not for weight loss.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• You;re body needs extra calories to make milk. What's more important, losing the wieght quickly or feeding a healthy baby? Exercise, eat right, and you'll be doing what's best for you and your baby.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would avoid the shots while breastfeeding. The B shots are of a very high dose, and they do affect the nervous system. Just hang in there, and keep it in mind after baby weans.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'd be wary of anything that's not a permanent lifestyle change in general, but especially while breastfeeding!! Try doing it the old fashioned way- diet and exercise! You need to make PERMANENT changes if you don't want to gain the weight back, and while injections or pills may work in the short run, eventually those pounds come right back once you stop following the plan or taking the meds. This is yo-yo dieting, and it's REALLY hard on your body.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have never heard of this. I don't like the sound of it. I would speak to your doctor.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:57 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Never heard of this..
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:41 AM on Mar. 7, 2011