almost 3 weeks after c section and im still bleeding. normal?? TMI not for the faint of heart

its been 3 weeks and it slowed down a week ago but now its almost like my normal period with chunks. sorry if its tmi. is this normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't have a c-section but I bled heavily for about 5 weeks and it didn't go away completely until after 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i bled for 4 months
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes its normal, but if you have had infections, light-headedness, or and sort of nausea, see a doctor. What it sounds like is that your body is cleansing itself, but if you have other symptoms you could be hemmoraging.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 1:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Totally normal as long as it is a normal flow and not super heavy. I'm sure if you call your Dr.s office or even an advice nurse at your local hospital, they would be able to put your mind at ease and give you any tips on warning signs.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I had a c-section too and bled for 6 weeks...completely normal unless it is accompanied by a fever....otherwise it's just a pain in the butt more than anything
    shortcake92585

Answer by shortcake92585 at 2:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I had mine almost 3 months ago. I bled until about 4 weeks, then a week later, it started again. I had my IUD put in at 6 1/2 weeks, and I've been spotting ever since. So not sure if it's from the IUD, or the c-section, since I hadn't stopped again before the IUD went in.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• yeah its normal....I bleed for one week after my c-section but I got a fever and urinary infection after that where they had to give me antibiotics:(
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 4:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I bled for 4 weeks after mine. The bleeding starts to get heavy because you are doing to much. That's what I was told by my Dr. If you have someone that can help you with your baby and house then you can rest up and heal faster.
    mistynkennedy

Answer by mistynkennedy at 8:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Depending on your doctor, you will hear anything from 8-12 weeks is normal. I bled for 8 weeks (that was when it TOTALLY stopped). If it slows way down to very light flow or spotting then starts up again, you are doing too much, like misty said. I had this happen too. It was hard for me to not overdo it because my son was 12 lbs by a month old, so just lifting him/carrying him around too much would start my bleeding again. And yes, the pieces of tissue are normal too...part of the lining.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 2:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i only bled between 3-4 weeks. but call ur ob and see what they say....good luck!!
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 5:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008