Why would someone do this? Have you ever "hidden" stuff at a store?

My husband runs a Hastings. For those who don't know, Hastings sells books, movies, CDs, video games and stuff like posters and t-shirts etc etc etc.

People come in all the time and hide things they find offensive. They bury it in with other products or turn books around. One time they found all of the copies of a book bashing Obama hidden all around the store. Just recently someone turned all the issues of Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit issue around so you couldn't see the cover. One lady used to come in every year and complain about the sex books and love coupons being displayed around Valentine's Day...

I just don't get it. If you're that offended... don't buy it lol.

Have you ever done that?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• the only time i have hidden anything is if i was at a store buying something and found something i really wanted,but there was only one i hid it til i got money from hubby to go back and get it. lol sounds crazy i know
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Yep. I have turned around a copy of Maxim magazine at a grocery store. The woman was naked! They should sell crap like that at porn shops.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• jodi, i've done the same thing, hidden something I wanted to get back didn't have money at that time...but then sometimes i'd comeback and it wouldn't be there anymore, darn it
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No, I only hide things if there is a really good sale and I don't have any money with me at the moment. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• haha Jodi, thats the only time I have ever hide anything.. I would hide it and come back later to buy it LOL ....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Lol, I tried to hide a product I wanted to buy the next day when I got paid (it was the last one and they were clearancing them out).... but they moved the entire display that night! LOL!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The only thing I have ever done was while volunteering at a thrift store and we get donations of sex books, shirts with naughty sayings those are things I don't put out in the store and set aside in case some other volunteer wants those things
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No I don't do that but people can be really annoying. One of our cherished freedoms are freedom of press. Freedom to be heard whatever your viewpoint is. I find it wrong to try to hide the media you disapprove of. Plus it's just crazy to waste your time at one place doing this, there are tons more out there.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• That's sort of funny, but really, some people just have way too much time on their hands.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Yes... If its immodest or offensive I flip it around at the register that I'm at.
    luvbeinmomma

Answer by luvbeinmomma at 2:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2011