RSV

i was wondering if a child has rsv when can they go back to daycare? my son might have it...he is going to the dr when i get off work.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 2:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Your doctor will tell you after the diagnosis.
    Anonymous

• Every daycare will have their own rules. I usually keep my kids home if they have any runnies or goupies, active, funky cough, or fever that hasn't been gone for at least 2 days.

The doctor will also be able to tell you when the contagions are gone.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Most daycares have their own rules. When my daughter got RSV at 3 months, she wasn't allowed to daycare until after the dr cleared her, which was about a week after spending a week in the hospital! Since RSV is so contagious, and potentially dangerous virus, many daycares worry about how other parents will respond to a child being in daycare after RSV. And even though the dr cleared her, I still held her out another week to be safe just because many of the children in her daycare were friend's children (lived in a very small town at the time). Best of luck!
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2011