About my lungs

i went to my cancer doctor and i told my cancer doctor that i was having truoble breathing and she told me lets do a catscan on ur cheast and they did so the results came back and my cancer doctor called and said that i have 2 small spots on my lungs and they said they are not sure what it could be so they told me that they want to keep a eye on it and they want to do a nother catscan on my lungs to see if the spots are geting biger. so i was wanting to know what this small spots could be on my lungs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Health

• Could be nothing. If it was cancer, they would know and they would have you in for a biopsy ASAP.
    Anonymous

• The two tests will tell the doctor whether they are granulomas or tumours. A granuloma, which is common, is a spot caused by inflammation or scarring from past infection, and it will not grow or change in between scans. A tumour will. If there is a change noted between the two scans , you will likely have a biopsy to tell whether it is malignant or benign.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• oh oky will they told me that they are not sure what it is.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011