When to start planting seeds

we want to plant carrots, green beans, lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes, and peppers in a garden this year. In the past we have planted green beans with some success but this year I really want to do it "right."
When do you plant the seeds (indoors in containers to transplant outside) to get things going? Live in the upper midwest.

pioneergirl10

Asked by pioneergirl10 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Depends on your hardiness zone. Google "vegetable planting zone___" (with your zone where I left the blank) to be sure.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It depends on your zone and when the seed packets say to start! I started my tomatoes and peppers already and the rest of my seeds I will start in 2 weeks!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Depends on region. We are going to start indoors and when the time is right move them outdoors.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011