what should i do with my pot smoking husband?

I'm 33 years old,and my husband smokes pot. he smokes in the morning before work if he stopes by during the day , after work after dinner and before bed. he spents about 80 a week, on top of this he is overweight(so i'm i) and says he can't keep it up during sex soooo it's been 3 months. he is not someone who needs sex very often. i i'm highly sexual person and have always been this way resently have had thought of straying. i'm always on the back burner, i don't have hardly any clothes, don't have my hair done or my nails. my main focus is my kids. soo i have told him how i feel and there has been no changes, what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• sometimes things don't chage...as long as the kids don't see it...i wouldn't care. sometime comeing off of it makes them worst off...as far as sex get a bob...battery oprated boyfried..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Sorry, but he definately has an addiction, which I'm sure you know. That would personally get on my nerves, as much as he smokes it. I smoked it here & there when I was younger(20's). I got to the point that I didn't like the way it made me feel, like a vegetable! I guess it does the opposite to some people. I'm so sorry that you've been neglected over his habit. Have you talked to him about it? Tell him you feel neglected, as far as not being able to spend any $ on yourself, because of the dope. I hope the kids are getting what they need. Sorry about your sexlife, or lack of. I've heard that men that smoke alot of pot or drink alot, can have sexual dysfunction, or inability to perform, or lack of desire. I gotta get in bed! Sorry I wasn't much help, but good luck!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Okay. I like to get high occasionally, and I don't mind when my man gets high, so I'm not being judgemental. But he is using the weed as an excuse. You are more important than ganja, maybe he needs to cut down and spend some money on you!! You deserve it. He could be depressed, marijuana depresses people. Take him to rehab.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Well firstly, pot is NOT addictive.... and i personally think if he works and takes care of the family smoking a little pot won't hurt anything... Alchohol is MUCH worse then smoking... no one ever died or killed someone ele catching a buzz.....

On the sexual note, i would talk to him about it...you have needs too and he should do his best to meet them...maybe you just need a little extra spring in your marriage... r u into toys or outfits...its ur husband so u are comfortable with him...maybe try to broden the sex things if thats your thing....men can tend to lose interest in the "same rountine" and stuff like that...gotta switch it up... :) gl
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• marijuana is not physically addictive. it sounds like maybe he is depressed about his low libido and/or weight. has he gone to the doctor? i would talk to him about it and see about getting him in for a physical. also, some marriage counseling might be helpful for you two. you said yourself that your kids are your main focus- but a happy family is one where everyone in the household is involved and caring for each other.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• my sister is dealing with the same thing. Her boyfriend IS addicted to pot. You can get addicted to anything, unlike what the above poster said. Her boyfriend is so bad that his mood totally changes if he does not have enough on a weekend outing.... or will leave family gatherings to go find somewhere to buy some.

I wouldn't put up with it, and personally I would leave him. It is easier said than done, and I am not you. But as a personal opinion, I would not even deal with it.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• to Juliansmommy317 - not every one who gets drunk kills someone either, but it only takes one accident high to kill someone. do you let your husbands drive with your kids? Do you leave your children home with daddy when he's high. Smoking pot alters your mental state!!!! It is an addiction.
    I need to stop here, i feel the soapbox coming out.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 10:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Ya'll people serouisly need some help.."everyone trys it once" I'm 19 NEVER once have done any drugs..why because its a stuiped waste of your life!!!! All my friends "it makes you feel good" bullsh*t it puts you out of control and I personally like control over MY LIFE and well dern if I knew my husband had even tired it I would have left his a$$....me my husband are both believers in "SAY NO TO DRUGS" and we're the "younger" generation...heck the 60s n 70s messed people up!!!! I personally would not trust him around the kids... just my personal opinion
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• there is nothing physically addictive about marijuana. anyone who says so is misinformed or lying. people go to rehab over marijuana because they have an addictive personality, in which case almost anything that gives them a good feeling will be addicting to them- like gambling, sex, or alcohol. marijuana is a very viable medication, and has many uses. if someone is a bad or unhappy person when they are not high and "need" the pot to be happy, that person obviously needs to see a doctor about possible mental illness. marijuana does alter the mind just like other medications can, but while on most of those other medications you are not supposed to drive either.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008