Funny stories about your kids?

I was just answering a question about a toddler and started thinking about some of the funny things my kids have done at times.

1) My son was about 18 months old and had been walking for about 6 months. We had gone to a multi-floor mall for a change of scenery. He had so much fun climbing up and down all the stairs. I'd be at the top of a short flight (10 or so stairs) and Dad would be at the bottom and we'd just let him go up and down between us. He did this for at least an hour all over the mall. We all finally got tired and were ready to go home. My son wanted out of the stroller or out of our arms (I don't remember which). We set him on his feet and had him go walk to the other parent. He'd take a step or two and just fall down. His legs had literally turned to jello and he couldn't walk anymore.

2) My daughter was also about 18 months old when her first younger cousin was born. This baby wasn't even 24 hours old yet when we went to visit in the hospital. As soon as my daughter got her baby cousin into her lap she would not let go. Whenever Dad, Uncle or I would try to take the baby she'd tighten her arms aroud the baby and not let go, not hurting at all. It finally took 3 grown adults to get this newborn baby out of her lap and arms. Dad had to pry one arm open, Mom the other arm, and Uncle to lift the baby out.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 2:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I remember when my daughter was about 3. I had trimmed her fingernails and she got so mad at me. I asked why she was mad and her reply was.....well now I can't pick my nose.
    myheartflys

Answer by myheartflys at 2:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My son convinced his sunday school teacher he saw a dead body and investigators came to our house and his dad was arrested thn let go.

None of this happened. He made it all up. We've never told the teacher otherwise.

He was 4
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My youngest, who was the consummate little clown - could say things out of the blue that would cause grown people to just crumble into hysterical masses laughing on the floor. We visited a church once and it happened to be the day they were having a social luncheon after service. We were invited to sit with the pastor and his wife...... True to nature, my son, who was 5 at the time, just COULD NOT be quiet. He told the pastor about EVERYTHING in the world and ended on some goofy statement. The pastor being a nice man, who obviously loved children, looks at my son and says "Boy, have you lost your mind?" My son, 5 years old, dressed in his best, little blue eyes sparkling looks this preacher right in the face and says "NOPE, it's on top the MOtel 6 where I left it!"
    The preachers wife spit water out her nose, across the table! *I* tried to slink away like I didn't even know this kid! The preacher fell out laughing.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• This embaressing for me but just the other day my son was talking to the baby in my belly lifted my shirt and said mom who put that guy hair on your belly lol this pregnancy is makin me a bit hairy on my belly ugh..
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 4:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I remembered another one. When I was pregnant with my son I had the WORST heartburn. I was actually put on medication for it. When my son's emergency C-section came up I was feeling really nauseous because I hadn't taken that med in about two days. I told this to the anesthesiologist and he let me sit up for a short time once. As soon as I laid down again it all came back and I was feeling like I was going to throw up again. He looked at me all fake sad and all and refused me. I looked at my then boyfriend, looked back at the anesethesiologist and promptly puked all over his patent leather shoes. I was told later that I was given the dirtiest look for doing that. The little catch thing they had found it's way under my chin AFTER I was done.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2011