Scratches on Laminate Floors

Hey Moms,

Santa Claus brought my children ride-ons for Christmas, and my husband and I were dismayed to find hundreds of surface scratches on our new laminate floors from them. Boo. :(
Do any of you know of any cleaner or techniques that may help to lessen the appearance?
They are not indentations, only surface marks that can be seen in the light.

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 2:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• To fix or repair light, minor scratches to your laminate floors, your best bet is to purchase a laminate floor repair kit. These can be purchased at your local home improvement store or online at several different web sites. These kits come in a variety of shades and colors, so you should bring a piece of the laminate flooring with you to select just the right kit. Using these kits is as easy as following the step-by-step instructions that come inside the package. Alternatively, there are also color coordinated pencils that can be purchased to fill in and mask scratches on laminate flooring. These are extremely easy to use and come in every color of laminate flooring available. If the pencil is applied to very minor scratches, it is very difficult to detect unless you get really close to the floor and look carefully. In case of extreme scratches on your laminate flooring, it may be necessary to replace the board altogether.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• found the above on: http://www.articlesnatch.com/Article/How-To-Remove-Scratches-From-Your-Laminate-Flooring/360720
    liteofmine71

• Are they actual scratches or just scuff marks? We had an issue like this when dh's 10 year old sister was riding one of dd's ride on toys, playing with her, and it wound up just being scuff marks...it happened the day after we moved in, and it was a rental...yikes!...so I mopped it, and the scuff marks came right up. I would search online to see what you could find..most of the time you can find repair kits that will do the trick.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 6:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2011