Where can I find this information?

My husband, our two small boys, and I live in Northern Colorado, and my husband is possibly being offered a job (with a HUGE raise) in the Denver area. If he accepts it, we have talked about moving down there so that he wouldn't have to commute an hour or more one way. I don't know much about that area, and would like to know a couple of things..

How I can figure out what cities would be close to where my husband would be working? Is there a site I can figure out miles/distance? Also, how can I find out what sort of houses we could get (in the amount we can afford) in the nearby cities? We would be looking to rent first until we figured out which area we really want to live in..

I really appreciate any help we can get with this!!

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• check out zip realty or just get a referral for a realtor in the area that specializes in transferrs. xo
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• http://www.randmacnally.com/ will give you driving directions and figure distance for you.  For your real estate, I would search for real estate agents in that area and check their listings online. 

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• To learn more about the actual city and what recreation, etc. you might find there, go to the city's website.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 3:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The company should offer relocation assistance, including helping you find a new home, new job, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• You can use a map of the state to figure out mileage. I would talk to a realtor about housing.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I really like the site www.trulia.com. It has lots of the information you are looking for.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011