S/o says i hate you during a fight..

would it make you wonder if he really meant it or he just said it out of anger?
he says it during a lot of our fights, along with f*ck off, f*ck you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Words said in anger are often true,sorry

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have had many fights over the course of 39 years and never once has he or I for that matter said those words, it would make me wonder too.

Answer by older at 3:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would think that's how he really feels, why else would he say it, even if angry?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Why would the person that is supposed to cherish & love you say such hurtful strong words? I would feel he means it to a point.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 3:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I say it a lot, he says it a lot. it's all part of our fight.
    in your case, it just depends on if he says it every time you fight. If it's the first time, then ask him about it.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would feel deeply offended if my SO ever said that to me. I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm wondering if there have been some long-term problems in your relationship, and if this is sort of the end of the road for you two? Or is this something you're both willing to work through? I'll bump you.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• yucky..sounds like he's holding some resentment back. i say, call out the therapist and figure it out if you want that behavior to end. no bueno!! xo
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Ask him. "Do you really mean that" You hate me. See what he says. If he says no. Then tell him to stop saying it then. If he says yes I hate you. I think it's time to have a talk. About what is happening in your Relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• He is just being spiteful!! I'm sure he knows it bothers you so that is why he keeps using it. Very childish.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My ex would say it on occasion and well...he's my EX. My DH would never say such a thing to me, nor would I say such a thing to him
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2011