I BOUGHT A NEW MATTRESS LESS THAN 2 YEARS AGO...AND IT HAS AN AWFUL ODOR?

My son's bed stinks awful, I've changed the sheets every two days, he baths every night, he doesn't have body odor at least not outwardly especially in public, or could the bed and his toxin's have something to do with it?   I'm thinking of throwing the mattress away and buying a new one.  Your thoughts?   (please be appropriately kind?)   Thanbks, Csjoy1

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Health

• Throw it out. Buy a new one that is name-brand and cover it with a waterproof mattress protector right away.

Sorry. That sucks.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• maybe it was one of those mattresess that was recovered, and used previously? i would toss it and get a new one. i know that stinks...litterally.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It must have gotten damp. Sweat perhaps? Drool?
    I'd throw it out

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would think it was a repurposed mattress as well and I would get a new one, but not from the same place you got this one.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• How old is your son? If he is a 'tween" nocturnal emissions could be adding to the problem. I would throw it and buy new..starting with a waterproff mattress cover from the first day.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Besides replacing it, the only thing I can suggest is a special enzyme spray specifically designed to get rid of organic matter in the mattress. Really unfortunate situation you have. :(
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 3:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Before tossing it try a product you can find on QVC or ebay called XO. It's an odor neutralizer that's all natural and it works really well and getting rid of the toughest odors from things!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• thank youYOU ALL MADE MY DAY....I LOVE YOU CAFE MOM'S....I FEEL BETTER, AND I WILL BE THROWING THE MATTRESS OUT TODAY.    GOD BLESS YOU ALL.....LOVE HUGS AND KISSES.....csjoy1

csjoy1

Comment by csjoy1 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2011