Do you groom your own dogs or take them to a doggie salon?

liteofmine71

Asked by liteofmine71 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Pets

• Yes. I brush them out, bath them, dry them, then cut. ria7, that may be your problem too. If you wash them first and brush and blow dry, the hair won't have tangles or dirt and the clippers should go through easily.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 6:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Do my own, but it a pain the neck!

Answer by older at 3:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• we do too...just started this year...lol :o)
    liteofmine71

Comment by liteofmine71 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have tried to groom mine..how do you sharpen the blades on the trimmers? I have a really nice set but I cant even get it to go thru the fur!! someone suggested sharpening but I am clueless! also do you cut and then bathe the dog?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• we brush them out really well first and then bathe & cut. i'm not sure what the groomer's do, but that seems to work for us.
    i have no idea about the trimmers & sharpening them! i would call a local knife sharpening shop or a groomer to find out. even a beautician might know? gl! xo
    liteofmine71

Comment by liteofmine71 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have a lab and a hound/shepherd mix. We give them baths in the yard with the hose when it's warm out. And we have a special brush that brushes out their undercoat. I took them to a groomer once. I payed way too much, and they did pretty much the same thing I can do at home.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011