Concerns 14 Year old Male adult content

My friend has a nephew who I am concerned about. He has a very sexual nature and has been disciplined many times for his "outspoken-ness" on sexual behavior. He openly talks about masturbation and other things. Recently, my friend discovered that his nephew was peeing in bottles and saving it in his room. What kind of psychological disorder could this be? Or have any of you had any type of experience like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• the openness talk of sex, well that's today's world. its openingly talked about amoungst young children, even my almost 9 year old has come home telling us about conversations on the bus or at school. i would reccommend that he needs to learn the rules, when its ok to talk about it, but dont forbid him from talking about it. itll just make it that much more "fun" to talk about and annoy people with. find free time to sit down with him and talk to him, even if its once a week or so. The peeing in bottles is a lil out of the norm. My son done it when he was 6 or so, but it was because he had a habit getting up in the middle of the night to get into things, so we told him he wasnt allowed to get up at all, and he chose that to urinate in. But im not sure about a 14 year old. i would def talk to a peditriction, and see if maybe he could get referred to a phys. that specialize in it. best of luck and BUMP!
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• btw, I don't see anything wrong with him being open and not inhibited about discussing sexual matters. I think his parents should be just as open. If it bothers them then tell him there is a time a place (and audience) for those discussions. I talk openly about anything my children and grandchild wish to talk about. We talk about sex as long as small children are not in the room

Answer by admckenzie at 3:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• openly talks to who? Everyone? friends?
    the peeing in bottles thing sounds like he's too lazy to get up and go to the bathroom

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If it seems really out of the ordinary, they should probably bring him to a counselor to help figure out what has upset him.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Toadmckenzie, it's one thing to be open about sex and it's another to be inappropriate. There is a time and place for a sexual conversation with your parents or any other adults.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think he needs parents that are in control and a mental health evaluation. Being open about sex is one thing but he is going beyond acceptable and it is going to get him into a lot of trouble.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Sounds like a typical teen boy.

Answer by louise2 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It's time to talk to the parents about your concerns.
    If you ever have any concerns, it's best to go to the source. Talk to your nephew. There may be issues that he's dealing with, and he doesn't really know how to reach out. A school counselor may be able to help, as well.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 3:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have no clue..wow. Here is a bump.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I don't think it's a disorder. It is probably just laziness. I remember back in the olden days we had jars to use at night. If we were not told to empty them we probably would have left them sitting too. I'd just tell him to empty them every day

Answer by admckenzie at 3:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2011