Is it better to get an infant carseat or convertible carseat for my baby?

xLeeAnnex

Asked by xLeeAnnex at 3:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ~*Depends*~.. I love the matching convertable type carseats we have! But when they were tiny, loved when they fell asleep and could be attached to a shopping cart without waking them up!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would use a infant car seat for as long as you can... very convinient... the convertible means you will have to carry your baby everywhere without the carrier...it can be a pain sometimes
    Manoella

Answer by Manoella at 3:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• converible car seat will save you money in the long run! but an infant car seat is much easier to carry when their infants. its just up to what you prefer! good luck!
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i and a mother of a 16month old dd and pregnant with number 2
    my personal opinion is that a convertible is better b/c you end up paying less in the future. i am looking for a new carseat for my dd + and new bed(we just bought the regular crib not a 3-in-1) and also buying new things for the baby(got rid of all my dd's things thinking i wasn't going to have more kids for another 4 or 5 years).

good luck
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Cost wise convertable... ease of my sistuation I do/did both
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We did the infant til he out grew it. Then we got the non convertible seat and bought a booster (the booster was on sale at HEB for $5). For when he outgrows the seat. For my car I got a convertible so we don't have to buy another. Both are great/
    aus14

Answer by aus14 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• depends on your childs age... child must be in a backwards facing carseat till the child is BOTH 20lbs and 1 year old
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• my little ones all outgrew the infant carrier so early. my last one was making the handle bend at only 4 months! good thing i had 3 to use it otherwise it would have been a waste of money!
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 4:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011