What do you do to find good friends?

I knwo it sounds like a silly question, but we recenlty moved to FL and I just really cant find friends that we as a couple "connect" we have a good group, but no couple friend that we all connect and can hang out... maybe we are just being too picky? any suggestion on where to meet other parents?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Entertainment

• We don't..and it seems "good friends" don't exist these days.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Get naked and streak through the neighborhood.

slayerslegacy

Answer by slayerslegacy at 4:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• When my kids started school I joined the PTO. I met my friends that way. I have a group from when my middle one was in preschool. Basically he wanted to be friends with the little boy so I started talking to the mom. She introduced me to the group she was friends with and we have been friends ever since, that was 9 years ago. Then when we moved and my oldest was in 1st grade I joined the PTO at his school. I meet a couple moms there and I have been friends with them ever since as well and that was also 9 years ago.

Lastly, my kids all play soccer and swim. There is some overlap there although it is another group that we have to hang out with.

I think we all connected because we had children the same age and we enjoyed doing a lot of the same things together. After 9 years we have so much fun together and it doesn't matter if I am talking with a mom or a dad, it is always fun.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Get yourself involved in something. You can't make friends at your house, you have to be out & in the community. Go to some neighborhood meetings if they have them in your neighborhood. Before you know it, people will invite you over for parties and such. I have also made friends at DD's school. Just being there for events & such, you end up talking to other parents. Take an art class, or a dance class. Get out & about, that is the only way you'll meet people.

We have a large group of GREAT friends & lucky for us, they are all married. Lots of them are friends of DH from when he was in high school, but the group grew...people got married & more friends have been brought into the group & family & kidswere added to the bunch over the years.

I would not know what to do without my group of friends, so glad we have them all. I feel for anyone who does not have great friends.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Our best friends live in NC which is far from us and we do get together at least twice a year, and we have a great group of friends from my son's school, but I wish we had a "close" group of friends that did trips together, but i guess it takes time... my sons is into karate right now so I guess as he gets bigger that I am sure will help... If I had grew up in the area would have beena different story, but being new to the area doens help and I work A LOT so we do lots of things on weekends witht he group we have, but just wish we were "closer"...dotn know how to explain...its aconnection that you either have it or you dont! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• WE got involved in school. I am on the PTA board and my husband is the leader of cub scouts. We have met alot of great people. But I will say its hard to find couple friends.

And also remember, it takes time to develop those kinds of friendships.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 4:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• SOOOOOOO TRUE!!! work , school and family DEFINETELLY keep us busy enough! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2011