How many calories does circuit training burn? And is it effective?

I tried out a gym today that has circuit machines. I did the machines each 3 times, total 30 minutes. My heart rate was up and I was sweating like crazy. So I know it did some good. But my question is, is it effective for losing weight, or would I be better off working on the ellipticals and treadmill? And lifting weights? This is a little different than curves, but along the same lines. Each machine is about 45 seconds and there are about 15 of them. Has anyone did this, and did you like it?

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 4:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Found this article for you: http://www.articlesbase.com/fitness-articles/does-circuit-training-exercise-burn-calories-29183.html

I think any exercise is worth it....but at the same time I would do different things in addition to the circuit training. Maybe do that workout two times a week, the elliptical and treadmill 2 times a week and something else once or twice a week
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It is effective, but I would also strongly recommend investing in a Pregnancy Fit Kit.  They specialize in safe pregnancy workouts and you can do them at home - cleaner / easier :)  Good luck!

TheBabyPlanners

Answer by TheBabyPlanners at 6:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Thanks Mom2Jack04, I'll do that. And thanks TheBabyPlanners, but I'm not pregnant, so not sure that would help me out. But thanks anyway!
    wmjsease

Comment by wmjsease (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think its effective
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:09 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have friend that havehad good results.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2011