Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 1 yr. old just ate ashes out of the fireplace..

Is he going to be really sick? Should I take him to the doctor?

 
febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 18 (5,942 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • ~*Giggles*~... in all likelyhood... Not a huge deal... if you are burning what you are supposed to in one

    My middle son did the same thing, never had an interest, than I turn my back cleaning, and he did the same thing... he's smarter than his classmates
    MommaClark3

    Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

  • 800-222-1222

    Call poison control just to be sure.
    Bmat

    Answer by Bmat at 4:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

  • It probably depends on what you had been burning. If it was just wood, then the charred ash is probably harmless. But, if you were burning a faux wood log, that is made with special chemicals to burn longer, or with more color or to clean your chimney; there could be residue in the ash that is of concern. It is probably best to check with poison control -- if you haven't already done so. GL
    ss_mom

    Answer by ss_mom at 4:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

  • it was just wood.
    febmom007

    Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

  • should be ok but you might want to call his pedi or posion control if you want to double check.
    dreamangel06

    Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

  • Call the doctor just to be sure
    Jjoneslagrange

    Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 1:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN