Ok, time for some name-dropping! Do you know, or have you ever met anyone famous?

When we lived in New Mexico, DH managed a store, and one of his regular customers was Richard Farnsworth, who played the sheriff in the movie "Misery." He was such a sweet person. He had a ranch in Lincoln, NM, not far from where we lived. Once, he took his guest into the store to meet DH, who got star-struck, when he was introduced to Clint Eastwood(I would have been too!). Also, Roswell is Demi Moore's hometown. When she and Bruce Willis were still married,and their daughters were little, they'd come to Roswell quite a bit to see her Grandma, who still lived there. Lots of people saw Bruce, he kept a motorcycle there. Most said he's just like what you see in the movies, nice and down to earth. And, where we live now, Lufkin, TX is the hometown of Charlie Wilson, the congressman that Tom Hanks did the movie about a few years back. In fact our VA clinic is the Charles Wilson VA clinic.

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Entertainment

• I met Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe at Lotus in NYC...they were seated 1 table away. Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins were dining at the same restaurant that night but in a different area. They had apparently booked the entire downstairs portion for one of their kid's 16th bday party.

I met Viggo Mortenson at the Buenos Aires airport. He was talking with my husand about soccer. My husand is a soccer sports announcer and apparently they are both fans of the same soccer team (San Lorenzo). He's extremely handsome.

I've met Manu Ginobli (Spurs NBA) who is a friend of my husbands.

I met Jane Seymore in NYC at The International Toy Fair. The company I worked for had a showroom there.

I met Peter Falk in a deli in Edgewater, NJ. I was about 18 at the time and he invited me to lunch...I didnt go though.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• me, personally, the only famous person i met was Jerry Springer.. LOL! i ran into him at a starbucks here in tampa. it was crazy.

my mom went to school with Hulk Hogan!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I met John Elway in a restaurant, he was sitting behind us.

leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Martin Sheen, John Mayor, Cast of 90210 (I know, I am ancient), marilyn manson (totally nice guy), and a bunch of random TV actors. Not that any of them would remember me, or anything, I was just an "extra".
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• the closest to a celebrity I ever met was Tony Horton, the creator of P90x. He came to our base and did PT with the soldiers and also a class for the wives, and I was part of it, I have pics with him. i wasn't star struck or anything because the class was the first time I had ever heard of him haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Terribly jealous about Viggo :D.
    I've met Ted Raimi little brother of Sam Raimi (Spiderman director), Stan Lee (creator of Spiderman), Bruce Campbell (happened to have been in Spiderman I just realised, lots of spiderman people but when I met them had nothing to do with Spidey lol) lots of comic book artists. Saw Chris Rock once didnt realise it was him till later lol.
    almightycookie

Answer by almightycookie at 6:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Jason Robards,Paul Newman,Joanne Woodward,,Sarah Brightman Mick Fleetwood and a few others
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• When I was a manager for a local shop, Joe Montana used to come in all the time shopping for his wife. He's very modest, and gets embarrassed when people recognize him! But very nice. Actually, my SIL's boyfriend is the VP for his finance company (with Ronnie Lott and a few other former NFLers). I was in jr high and high school with Sara Bareilles (singer). We were friend's in jr high, but she became popular in high school and snubbed me. We were rivals in choir! DH went to high school with Wynona Ryder. He says she's weird. I had an hour long conversation with Al Davis (owner of the Raiders) when they were staying at the hotel I worked at. He was wearing 3 Superbowl rings! I ended up chasing Billy Bob Thronton down a block in Manhattan trying to see if it was him (it was!). I've seen numerous celebs in NYC while visiting. Met many others working in hotels.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Also, Jada Pinkett Smith while she was shopping at Barney's one day.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'm loving reading all these great stories. Keep em coming. :-)
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011