What is the going rate for a babysitter? And what are somethings to ask a sitter? I have never hired a sitter and from where I am you can't trust people either.

The reason I ask is because I am pregnant 4.5 months and I am thinking of putting an ad on craisglist to hire someone in my home. I was thinking of using them a couple times before I have the baby so I can get my girls use to them and also thinking about using them for doctors appointments and then when I go to have the baby I was wanting someone to come overnight. I have noone that is why I am doing it this way. If it works out I plan on keeping her and using her a couple times a month so DH and I can get out once in a while because I never get that I am a SAHM. I was wanting to know how much to charge someone to watch my girls. Both potty trained. My youngest just turned 3 and my oldest will be 6 in 2 months. How much do I charge an hour for 2 kids? How much do I charge for onenight overnight for 2 kids? I plan on having the sitter come one time to see how she interacts with my kids should I charge her to do that? What questions should I ask?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• My fifteen year old is a Red Cross Certified Babysitter. She charges $8-10 an hour. We live in Chicago

Answer by rkoloms at 5:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Try this to get an idea.  Babysitter Hourly Pay

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Depends on who you get but about $10 an hour in NH
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2011