Warm mist or cool mist humidifier??

Hello mommies! I have been dabating so much on whether to use a cool mist or warm mist humidifier. I have heard to use cool over warm but ONLY for reasons of possible burns from physical contact with the warm mist. Do the health benefits of a cool mist humidifier really out weigh warm mist?? I want to do my best to create the most germ-free environment (at least when sleeping in her bedroom) to help avoid colds, etc..

cj93082

Asked by cj93082 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i prefer warm
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We had to take my 14 month old daughter to the emergency room last week, she had strep, but they said the warm mist would actually make it more difficult for her to breathe and we should always use a cool mist. We bought a cool mist that day and took the warm mist out of her room and she started breathing better right away
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Mold also grows much easier in the warm mist ones.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2011