Do any of you take you preschool child(ren) to tumbling class? If so do they love it?

ladygetz

Asked by ladygetz at 5:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I took my second and yes she loved it. I worked with my first so he didn't get to do that kind of "extra" stuff. By my third I was too tired to do the "extras" with her and she plays hardcore with her sibs anyway.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My 3-year-old son just started his first gymnastics class and he loves it! He's very energetic, so it's a good class for him because he can move around. His only issue is listening to the teachers and following direction - he's not in preschool yet, so this was his first non-mommy & me class. He just had his third class this afternoon and one of the teachers told me he's getting better about listening. However, he seems to have a problem learning how to tumble forward - like to the point where he almost started to cry when they were trying to get him to do it. Hoping to practice at home so he wouldn't get so freaked out in class.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 12:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I took my son to gym when he was little in order to get him some interaction with little kids. He now goes to gym and loves it. It really has helped keep his motor skills strong. Not all places are equal, some really cater to that age and some are doing it just to keep the lights on in a bad economy so I would definitely ask for a trial class or shop around if you aren't sure what to expect.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011