Newborns sleeping in bassinet in your room or crib in their room?

idk what i want yet.
our rooms will be right next to eachother plus i'll have a baby monitor but i'm nervous.
any advice?

xLeeAnnex

Asked by xLeeAnnex at 5:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was in a bassinet in my room as a newborn, just because of all the feedings. It was easier to feed him and place him in the bed next to mine then to constantly walk into his room every 2 hours. At about 4 months I had him sleeping in his crib all night, but by this time he was sleeping for 6-8 hours at a time. With the one due in July were doing the same thing. She'll be in a bassinet in our room until she's a few months old, then move to her crib.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I just asked b/c usually 1st time moms want to plan everything.....then when baby comes,,,,realize baby calls the shots. :) lol :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• With my son we had a bassinet in our room,. then later when he outgrew it we went through hell trying to get him to transition into his crib for naps and bedtime....he didn't want anything to do with it.

With my daughter we learned out lesson and she went into her crib from the moment we got home from the hospital
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• with a newbor u are just happy that they sleep period....i have a 3 week old & right now she will only sleep in her vibrating seat.......so be it.....LOL

basically u do what works......is this your 1st? this is my 3rd
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I kept mine in a bassinet as newborns so I did not have to get up as much. Baby was right there and I could easily nurse and get rest at the same time. I felt baby was safer close to me.
    Anonymous

• With my 1st he slept in his own room, with the 2nd and 3rd they had a basinet in my room until they were about 3-4 months then they went in the crib in the 'kids' room.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We always did bassinet in our room for the first little while. It made me feel better, plus it made getting out of bed to feed the baby a little easier ;)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We had our childrenin bassinets in our room until they were a month old, then we moved them to the crib in the nursery until they were 2 years old and then into full-sized beds with side rails in their own bedrooms.

Until they were out of the crib, I kept a TV baby monitor on my nightstand. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Both of mine slept in a pack n play at the end of my bed for the first 5-6 months. Neither had trouble transitioning to their beds when the time came.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 5:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• thanks ladies. : ]
    yes, this is my first.
    xLeeAnnex

Comment by xLeeAnnex (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2011