Whats wrong with my friend???

So I have been friends with this girl for sooo long, but I just don't know if its working! She has changed and in all fairness maybe I have to. Anyway, she is very unreliable and cancels on me at the last minute. Also, she doesn't return my calls very often and when I confront her about it she says she didn't get them-her phone "is screwy"
Now I have made some new great friends and all of a sudden she is starting to return my calls and not cancel on me. She tells me she wants to meet my new friends lalalala. Whats wrong with her?? And am I being used?
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• move on dont let her meet your new friends or you willbe the one with out friends again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• yea i would watch it with her...sounds fishy
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Why don't you just ask her. Maybe she hit a rough patch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Be careful, she may try and take your new friends away.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• She sounds like a user! But if you have known her for a long time and you think she has been a really good friend in the past then maybe you should talk to her about what you are seeing.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• am i the only one who doesn't think, by all the information here, that the OP is being used? friendships go through changes, just as you mentioned you both have changed. my best friend and i don't hang out a lot. i have a baby and she doesn't. she calls me at 7 pm and asks if i want to come over for a late dinner, when i have told her my daughter goes to bed around 8. so what? we hang out when we can, and talk when we can. i'm not gonna just drop her because she can't remember my daughter has a schedule. we've gone through periods like this before, and we always come back together. it's nice to have that someone who has been there through everything, and will come back when i need her the most. so if your friend wants to hang out more often, then hang out. but, if you feel you guys don't have anything in common anymore, then talk to her.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• she sounds jealous that you finally found better friends than her. doesnt sound like she deserves to be apart of your new crowd if she kicked u to the curb like that. leave her hanging for a while to let her know how it feels to be forgotton.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 9:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I agree with mama...
    Everyone goes through changes in their life at different times. I have a good friend from HS that I've hung out with in the past several years, but not as much as we did in HS. I got married earlier and had kids earlier. Now she's starting to have kids and she calls me more and wants to do things more. We just were going through life at different stages for a while, but we still cared for eachother.
    Maybe you were just at 2 differnt stages in life.
    kittynala

Answer by kittynala at 9:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Maybe her phone really was acting scewey... don't know about everyone else's but I thought my SIL was avoiding me cause she wasn't answering, then noticed other people weren't answering and I was wondering what's up with that, then when my hubby talked to her she said her phone hasn't been ringing, she'd had a couple of other people (4 of us all together) that have been saying we've been calling and she's not answering or calling back.... then it started happening with my phone and hubby's and a friends and so I'm thinking it's the network... we're with att, so if she's with them she may be telling the truth. If it was just one of us I'd think it was the phone, but I just got brand new phone and so did hubby so it's not that.... Go ahead and make new friends tho, never hurts to have friends. I don't think I would introduce them yet tho.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I would be careful she definately sounds like she might be a user! She is most likely jealous that you have made new friends. If you introduce her to your new friend, she will probably start calling her to see if she wants to get together. I really don't buy the phone thing. If my phone was acting screwey I would get it fixed. I probably wouldn't end the friendship but I probably would not call her for awhile.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 11:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2008