Do you hold a grudge or do you forgive easily?

ladygetz

Asked by ladygetz at 5:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I do hold a grudge especially when they mess with my kids
    morenarfr05

Answer by morenarfr05 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It really depends on the infraction. And by grudge, I dont let the anger eat me up, but I am more guarded around that person or just dont have anything to do with them at all.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• with my loved ones I forgive easily..
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 5:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It depends on who I'm dealing with. People really close to me, I get over it fairly easily. Others, no so much.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I used to hold grudges, forever, but as I've gotten older, I've realized that the people I'm holding a grudge on are simply not worth it, and so I've perfected the "art" of writing people who have hurt me off...this includes some of my own family members! Toxic people are toxic people no matter what you say or do. Sometimes it's healthier to sever ties completely and go your separate ways!!

There's an old saying that goes: "Holding on to a grudge is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• ~*Grudge*~... if you deeply hurt me I don't forgive too easily
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Outwardly, I forgive...but I tend to hold onto the pain without saying anything. I have a hard time severing relationships, something I'm working on.
    smurfyabs

Answer by smurfyabs at 5:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Depends on the person and what they did, I tend to forgive easily but if it happens over & over then I will hold a grudge!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 5:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I forgive very easily. I don't hold grudges mainly because it's not worth it. There is only one person whom I can't stand and hold a grudge and we were friends for a year when we got into a fight, and she bad mouthed my FOUR year old child for being a "brat" she kept going on and on about him being a brat and I snapped. I am the first to admit he can be bratty, but she was talking about her son being a great kid in the same breath she was calling mine a brat. And I lost it. I haven't really been able to forgive her (not that she apologized) but I can't get over he saying anything about my child.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• depends on who you ask.

Most people would say I'm very forgiving because I'll still speak to those that wronged me and don't rub their face in it.
    My husband thinks I'm good at holding a grudge because I don't just forget about it. I think there is a difference between being civil and being dumb enough to just let someone do it to you again!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2011