• In the Spotlight:

Lemon cars

I test drove this car that I love and now this last few days the tranny is clunking a lot. I dont have a warranty for the car its a 2005 impala. Its sold as is but I'm pissed that the tranny is doing this and I think they knew about it but car dealers arent gonna tell you thiers a problem. I'm paying a lot for this car, it hasnt been 30 days is their anything I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• Perhaps this can help you.  GL

Lemon Law Guides

State Lemon Law Statutes

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It may just need fluid...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Its full of fluid I already checked everything out
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• great lemon law doesnt apply to me. Now looks like I'm stuck with a tranny that needs to be replaced
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Lemon laws are pretty restrictive, sorry. I don't know if it would have helped or not, but you should always have cars checked at a mechanic before you buy them.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If the dealer knew about the problem yet sold you the car anyway "as is" then they could have a lawsuit on their hands. Talk to an attorney.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2011