I am sure this question had been asked before, but I have yet to come across it.

Why is/did the media make such a big deal out of Thomas Beatie, the pregnant so called man. Stating he/she is the first pregnant man. I know that legally he lives as a man because he/she had her breast removed. I thought what determined our sex was our reproductive organs. Breast are not needed for reproducing. So therefore is he not a woman. He/she was born a woman and a has female reproductive organs. He doesn't not have a penis. He/she is a woman. I don't understand why they keep saying first pregnant man. I don't think that any real man could handle being pregnant or labor.lol I don't want to know whether you thing it was wrong or right from he/she to get pregnant. I want to know more whether you think he/she is a man or a woman.

slick05

Asked by slick05 at 2:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• sorry meant to say think not thing it is wrong
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 2:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have to tell you that I am EXTREMELY open minded and this grosses even ME out. I'm not sure why she is getting all the attention, but I wish the tv time would be spent more productively on something else. I watch it and I feel like gagging- but maybe the sickness is what turns people on about this story... who knows?
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 2:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You know what actually bothers me is they are making this out to be some modern science marvel. Mammals with uteruses and vaginas have been having babies since the beginning of time. Just because this person is choosing to live their life as a male, they have yet to go through with the surgery, therefore scientifically they are a woman.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• there are others out there thats what is pissing me off...y does he get the attetion and others donn't..but yet they can't get married but have sex changes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• he is a transsexual. These individuals have the reproductive organs of one sex but feel inside themselves that they are the opposite. Technically, "she" is a woman and she gave birth to the little girl. The way he sees himself has nothing to do with the pregnancy which is why the story irritates me. She did what we all have done. Now...remove the uterus and try to push a baby out of a penis...that would be something I have to see ;)
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I THINK IT'S CRAZY SHE IS A WOMAN NOT A MAN EVEN IF SHE HAS ALL THE SURGERY'S TO CHANGE IT GOD MADE HER A WOMAN ALL THE DOCTORS IN THE WORLD CAN'T FIX THAT ! AND NOW SHE IS PREGO AGAIN BACK IN THE NEWS THESE POOR CHILDREN WILL GROW UP VERY CONFUSED AND TWISTED !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• this THING makes me sick... that is a wom!n....i am worried for the kids... how do you explain daddy gave birth to the baby cuz he is really a girl not a boy...those poor kids are going to need so much therapy in their lives...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• MammaMIA72. I agree, It would be something to see a man push a baby out a penis. Like I said I don't think any real man good handle being pregnant or labor. lol
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 2:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• and just to clear up the misconceptions here. The kids will not necessarily grow up to be "twisted". Study after study shows that children brought up in nurturing, loving environments thrive and grow up just fine (and that means homosexual/transsexual families, also). Actually, it's the kids who grow up (even with a mom and dad) with secrets, lies, and abuse in their families that need the most help as adults.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT REALLY IS GOING ON HERE. HE HAD THE BABY, BECUASE HIM AND HIS WIFE WANTED A BABY OF THERE OWN AND SHE COULD NOT GET PREGNANT. HE SACRAFICED HIS BODY FOR HER, SO THAT THEY COULD HAVE A CHILD AND NOT HAVE TO ADOPT. tHE RISK, AND THE REASON IT WAS ALL OVER THE NEWS WAS BECAUSE SINCE HE WAS A WOMAN, HE WENT THROUGH ALOT OF TESTOSTERONE HORMONES TO BECOME A MAN. YES HE HAS FEMALE ORGANS, BUT HE HAS ALOT OF TESTOSTERONE IN HIM SO THAT HE CAN GROW HAIR ON HIS BODY LIKE A MAN AND SO THAT HIS VOICE SOUNDS LIKE A MAN. HE LIVED MANY YEARS FOOLING EVERYONE AROUND HIM. SO FOR YOU WHO THINK DOCTORS CANT DO IT, UH HELLO IT HAS BEEN DONE.

cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 2:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2008