Are there any products to shrink pores!! Or anything to make face more even toned?

Hi, I've been having a serious bout of adult acne for like the last 18 years or so my life..I've tried many things, but now it's enough!!!! I feel that it's outta control. I'm using only aveeno cream cleasner for problem skin. It's a scrub, gentle for everyday. But, I find for my acne it's not doing a thing!!!! I honestly feel that it's calms down for a lil then gets worse!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrr...I've tried natural, proactive, which doesn't work anymore cause I've gotten sensitive to it:( So, are there any natural skin care lines, products that WORK to get rid of acne!! At least manage it! I just want clear skin for the first time in my life would be nice..at least 95% clear! That way I don't have to spend hours in front of the mirror to cover these damn things that you can still see!!!!

So, ladies with these issues that I know some of you have had..or are having please share your success with a fellow mom! Just be nice to focus on the wrinkles that are now an issue then the acne...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Years ago I was at a Mary Kay demonstration. The demonstrator gave a history of Mary Kay and the premiss behind her cosmetic line is the same stuff that tanners used to tan cow hide. I've never bought any of their products but the demonstrator said she used the products for years, I thought she looked plastic. But if that's the look you want, go for it.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 5:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'm sorry how does that help with acne? I'm confused with this response?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I don't know about anything to minimize pores but using a daily facial moisturizer will help to fill them so when you apply your makeup it will look nice and smooth. This also works for fine wrinkles. Clinique has a product called Even Better Skin Tone Corrector. It's still not fully corrective but it does help a little with continuous use. This is the first product of it's kind that I have heard of so keep your eye out for newer better products that are sure to come along. Also a full coverage liquid foundation will help to cover quickly while you are waiting for results. I hope this helps, good luck!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 5:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Try chemical-free products. Even those made for acne are known to have chemicals in them that exacerbate the condition.

I swear by Aubrey Organic products (I love their sensitive line). They do not irritate the skin in any way, shape, or form.

Go to www.aubreyorganics.com and check out the ingredients, the reviews, etc. Best of luck.
    Anonymous

• Arbonne RE9 Advanced anti-aging line will help you both with acne, even skin tone and wrinkles. It worked great for me. Check it out at www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com or the corporate site www.arbonne.com.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 6:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Thanks for those suggestions..and I am looking for organtic, or sensitive skin..nothing harmful. I just feel that the aveeno and tea tree oil are not working for me. I have used some aloe and vitamin E capsules to sooth the skin after washing for a mositurizer..it's just hard when it's the middle of winter here in canada. Very cold weather..and dry hot heat inside aren't really helping with skin either. I don't know what kinda foundation I hate wearing that stuff...feels like a thick cream..it's gross!!! And, I never know what to get that wont break me out more!!! I feel minerals works best for me..but I still have issues with the moisturizer I use I think I just need an overhaul of all my products..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I completely feel your pain. I tried a new cleanser a week ago and it completely freaked my skin out. It was worse than I have looked in 15 years. I am now trying diluted tea tree oil, and it's already looking better. The inflammation is down and it soothes the skin. I don't know if it will work long term, but for now, that's what I'm trying. I'm over 30 years old and it's so frustrating to be dealing with this.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• What helped me a ton was not changing what I was using but I bought the clarisonic face brush.
    I use Purity by Philosophy as my face wash and Arbonne RE9 Toner, eye cream and tinted moisturizer.

As far as organic, My cousin swears by Kiss My Face products. I am going try them as soon as I run out of philosophy.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I've never heard of philosophy, and are these products available online? Or instore? I am looking for ways to help heal the skin and trying to up the supplements and eat better..more water. And I'm going to get into bootcamp and kick my ass into working out again. Two kids, horrible skin, and I am 32. It does suck to be dealing with this at my age..not only is it killing the confidence, but its like really???? I've had my issues in highschool...I thought it was supose to out grow it...lol. I rarely see woman my age dealing with horrible skin...it's FRUSTRATING. And I'm still looking for other issues, like pigmentation from birth, and scarring, and redness...so a whole special treat of things to deal and battle with!!! It's like I just want a break! I also on top of all t his get cystic acne under skin and hurts like hell..just getting over two seriously painful ones..that not only took forever to go away..came back.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I do feel your pain. I am 36 and thought I would have acne when I was retired lol. I started using a new product Dermal Renu in December and my skin is all cleared up and the scarring from acne is diminishing. It has reduced my pores and now putting on my mineral makeup it doesn't look so cakey. You can check it out here and let me know if you have any questions http://www.kari.scent-team.com/products/dermalrenu.php

good luck
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2011