Ho do I wean my daugher?

This might be disgusting to some of you but I have really tried to wean my almost 2 year old daughter. I didn't think it would take this long but I know shes getting older and I don't want to continue to do it anymore. I don't really think she's benefiting from it I just think she's using me as a suckle item. Please help and please don't judge.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• say its for babies your a big girl had her a cup
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• There is NO reason to judge you! There is nothing wrong with breastfeeding your child as long as it's okay with both of you. However, I do get the point that at some point enough is enough. My two sisters and I all have 2 year olds and we can't get any of them to stop! We are totally normal, professional, well adjusted women......but we are starting to feel like giant pacifiers! The thing that is working for us is just re-inforcing the sippy cup and literally carrying it around with us as an instant diversion. We are also using foul tasting things like lemon juice or garlic during certain parts of the day that we want them to cut back on. Slow and steady is best....you don't want to traumatize your baby. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• start giving her a cup of juice or regualr milk or water during the day. Like lets say you breast feed 6 times a day, then tomorrow alternate between the breast for morning cup afternoon so that she was breasted 3 times and had the cup 3 time do this for 3 days and then again cut down, this way in less than two weeks you can get her completely transfered. She may like the closeness as well that she gets from breastfeeding so just nestle her without feeding hopefully it all works out and good luck

Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I think its great you are still bf. I wish I could have done it longer but, my little guy would not take a bottle at all............so it was all me for 8 months every 2 hrs. I had to go cold turkey because I needed to get back on my meds and take care of myself. Its really hard and you just need to struggle through it if you want to stop. Good luck.
    MommieBobbie07

Answer by MommieBobbie07 at 7:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i swear by weaning them by the moon, go to farmersalmanac.com it will give you the best dates each month to wean. i am not at all the super natural, crunchy mom but weaning by the moon is just awesome. my little boy was 21 months old, nursed like an infant and i was 5 months pregnant when i weaned him. i did it in the dates given on the website, told him it was all gone, and gave him a sippy with water, he maybe asked for it 3 times but it was not traumatic at all for him he didn't even cry.
    bentleysmommy

Answer by bentleysmommy at 8:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• We weaned at about 14 months and we just did it cold turkey. It was hard for both of us, espacially at night but we kept a bottle near by and a pacifier. I don't think anyone should judge how long you breastfeed because it is nobody else's business. Good luck.
    heather111006

Answer by heather111006 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I thinkit's great! My goal is two years. We're at 20 months now but I have no plans to stop when he reaches two, it's a minimum. No idea about weaning. I plan to let my son wean when he's ready, no forcing needed.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008