mucus plug issue at 27 weeks

ok im not in a panic or anything yet but i just had a small greenish brown boogery thing in the toilet and ive heard it comes out in small chunks but is this what im seeing? even at 27 weeks? shes kicking alot more then usual at the moment i just need to know if this is what i saw and if its normal so early

leapyear

Asked by leapyear at 2:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it's ok. Gross, but ok...but maybe ask your doc about it.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• hmmm...it does sound like the mucous plug. I would wait to see if there are any cramps and/or blood that accompany it. If so, go to the ER and get checked. I know it's early, but babies can be born at this time. the good news is, they have a good chance of surviving so don't worry.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If your mucus is green you should mention it to your doctor. You could have an infection. The mucus should be clear or white... green or very yellow can be a sign of infection.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• thanks so so much i just had to go again and nothing could be seen, but i just really needed imput and an internet search is such a waist of time now a days you just get other peoples blogs or something like this ;p but ill call tomorro and ask thx again
    leapyear

Answer by leapyear at 2:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Like Serafyna said, green or brown can be a sign of infection. I would definitely call the doc. I hope everything turns out okay! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2008