Is it tacky to wear camo in a wedding?

My fiance is a very down home good ole country boy. And we are planning to set a date for next fall. He wants to include camo in our groomsmen attire. I really don't mind but I don't want others talking in whispers about how tacky it is!! So is it?

elhardwick

Asked by elhardwick at 6:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Why not have the suit vests camo or something? Something you can hide, and when everyone takes the suit jackets off then you get your little twist on the guy's outfits? lol For the girls you could have them wrap a sash around their dresses at the reception that's camo? :)
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 6:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think the question answers itself.. yes.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 6:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• How is he going to include it? Would the cumber buns or ties be camo? That wouldn't be too bad, I guess. It's your wedding. Don't worry about what others think.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Well, even if we are from the south?
    elhardwick

Comment by elhardwick (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• he wants the ties to be camo. I think its a subtle idea, not too loud with the camo
    elhardwick

Comment by elhardwick (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• A camo sash that ties in a bow at the back around their waist?
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 6:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think it'd be cute, if he's really into it. You can do something small like the cumberbunds (if they're wearing tuxes) or vests, or even socks or something so they're wearing it but it's not obvious. Groom's cake can have camo. If you do it right, it can be tasteful - if you do it wrong it can be tacky. But no, I'm a country girl myself and I've seen it pulled off in quite a few weddings. Shoot, you could even do a pink camo panty or garter or something to match! Camo comes in enough colors now too you don't have to do the olive green & tan one. Go for it - small & simple, just enough to keep him happy but not stick out!
    Anonymous

• Yeah I like the idea for the sashes to be camo. I think its cute
    elhardwick

Comment by elhardwick (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• and you can have a camo garter lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I say tacky, but people do it all the time. If camo is something often seen and associated with you and him, people won't be shocked to see it. It's YOUR wedding, and it should be all about what you and he like! Don worry about what other people think, if they're rude or judging you based on this, then that's their issue.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011