Those of you SAHM's, do you ever feel "caught up" on everything?

I have 4 children and I always feel burried. Like I will never be done with everything I have to do in one day. Sometimes I just want to be able to snap my fingers and have a perfectly clean house, dinner on the table and feel relieved that I have NOTHING to do for a day. It would be nice to experience that AT LEAST once.

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Cheat.

Once a month hire marry maids
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Girl, here's the bad part... my kids are grown and do not live at home... It's just me, my husband and the dog, and I STILL don't ever feel caught up. Yeah, for the most part, the house is clean, but there's always something to do. LOL! If I do feel bored, it's only short lived, somehow someone ALWAYS needs something or wants something done. Ugh...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Occasionally, but its an on-going process. The only way I could truly get caught-up, is if dh/ds left town for a week...and did their own laundry while they were gone, not bringing it back undone.
    Anonymous

• That was me...don't know why it showed as anonymous. LoL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have 4 kids under 4 and I never feel caught up. Actually I always feel behind because they are constantly making EXTRA messes. So it's not like they get the chalkboard and chalk out.....they start drawing on the walls. So not only do I have the chalkboard mess to worry about and worry about them cleaning it up, but now I have 5 spots on the walls with hot pink chalk that I have to clean up.
    Maybe i'm doing something that's making it harder on myself, but as of yet, I haven't figured out how to make it work for us lol It's a work in progress and that's what I have to keep telling myself!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 6:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i am having a very hard time keeping up with everything too! i can clean one floor while the little ones are destroying another! i can do all the laundry in one day, just to have a full load to do at the end of the day. the dishwasher runs twice a day, i usually can keep up with dishes and meals and breastfeeding the baby, and that is about it! I have been dusting the family room weekly this whole year...but haven't dusted upstairs at all! for the past few weeks i have been going to the gym, but now i am behind in taxes and other paper work : (
    it is soo hard to find the balance and keep it!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have 2 children , 4 cats and a husband and I never catch up . It is a ridiculous dream , it will never happen unless I have a squad of servants . Fat chance !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• the only time i have gotten everything done was when 3 of my kids were with grandparent for 2 weeks and my other was at grandma's house every day for a week. that was 2 years ago. other than that... never
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 6:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No never.
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 7:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Like white on rice.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 1:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2011