I just caught my 3 year old daughter cutting her 2 year old sisters HAIR!

i tell her why she did it,she keeps me anwsering because she wants to!! i dont know how i can ground her!! my 2 year old twins hair is horriblee!! i dont know what to do? help?

BlueballandKids

Asked by BlueballandKids at 6:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL! Happens to them all! My daughter cut off her bangs the weekend before Christmas. Nice pics!! Anyway, take her to the salon.. someone can fix it for ya! (get pics! I know you're mad now, but they are funny to look back on!)
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• YOU take something away that she really loves. Just keep explaining it to her.
    Anonymous

• Well it happened. Better question is HOW did you 3 yr old find a pair of scissors and eliminate the ability. Of course she wants to.. who doesnt?!?! haha... Hide the scissors and no problem.. then take her to a hair stylist who can help. My eldest cut her own hair around the same age.. huge chuck around cheek level and her hair was past shoulder length.. needless to say she had a bob for a bit..
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 6:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• well.. I would at least put her in time out and let her know that it's dangerous for her to use scissors without you there to watch her, and emphasize that she could have accidentally poked her sisters eye out and keep the scissors up high from now on.
    all I can say for the two year olds hair is to either trim it all to match. take her to the hairdressers and ask them for advice. Bows to cover the spot?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• thanks girls,i apriciated!!
    BlueballandKids

Comment by BlueballandKids (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i would tell her she is in troble for using the sizzors in a bad way. then take a toy or something away for a day. talk to her about the stuff that is and isn't ok to cut.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 6:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I agree. Take the little one to the salon tomorrow, they will do the best they can. It will grow out.

As for the aspiring beautician, I would probably give her a time out and make her tell you why she is in timeout. Also, keep the scissors up high.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• all kids go through this. they like playing hair dresser and that happens. take her to a hairdresser and have it fix. tell your three yearold she can play with her sisters hair but not cut it.
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 6:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Ok this happened to me when I was 4. My mom went over to a friends house and she had a 6yr old son and they heard us talking about zissors but didn't think anything about it. When we were getting ready to leave my mom went to the closet to get our coats and saw hair on the floor. I had really long hair and he cut all up under neath my hair so to fix it they had to cut my hair short. The only thing I can say is just take her to a salon and see if they can fix it. Hope it works out for you. You may not believe this now but you will laugh at this in years to come.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 6:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• thanks girls i am telling her that now she is soo mad at me for taking her playstation 3 away!!
    BlueballandKids

Comment by BlueballandKids (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2011