I've being feeling really down lately. WWYD?

I've had a few rough months. Last April, I was diganosed with cervical cancer, had surgery at the end of April, had wounds that took 7 months to heal, had to have radiation and chemo, had to go back on public assistance through it all.

Now, I'm very thankful to be alive and kicking. I have great family and friends that helped me through it all. I have found a good job (the commute is a little long for me) that pays $10 and is full time. Most days I'm very positive but about every few days or so, if one little thing goes wrong (at work or at home), I want to quit my job and crawl under my covers and hide.

I'm thinking I need to find a therapist because I really feel like it's depression. I'm not sure I processed all the junk from last year real well. I kept positive to make sure everyone else was OK. I never really dealt with how I was feeling about everything. What do you think?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Health

• Yes . . . find someone to talk to. Having cancer is REALLY a big deal. You move through it, and keep on going, but it is still there, emotionally, for a long time. Your feelings and the derpression are so, so normal for people who have dealt with the big C.
    Consider therapy a present for yourself.
    Big, big hugs . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I agree with ImaginationMama, get some therapy. If not a shrink, then a really good friend to talk to. My heart goes out to you as I'm going down that same path. I haven't actually been diagnosed yet, but I'll be having a biopsy done soon b/c the cancer cells on my cervix aren't going away. I'll pray for you on your journey and if you ever want to talk just send me an IM. :-)
    sistasunshine

Answer by sistasunshine at 1:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2011