Can we be intimate with God?

My aunt who is very religious said I should be intimate with God I don't get it?
I didn't want to ask her this...too embarrassed I guess
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• It means "personal" not what you're thinking.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely. In fact, God seeks out a personal, intimate relationship with us. What it means, is you study His Word, spend time in prayer, and just being with Him. Just sitting, and letting Him speak to you. I love my relationship with God, and it's grown so much in the 6+ years I've been saved.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• For me it means thinking about even the little things that I do each and every day - I thank the divine for each new day as I wake up, bless my food, etc. For me it is the truly thinking about what I am doing in and with my life and being thankful that gives me a relationship with G-d.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• By intimate she means by praying everyday confessing your sins by doing so you will have that relationship.
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• This is what the body of Christ has difficulty with often.. intimacy with Christ means a close relationship. It is NOT sexual! Intimacy is spending time with Him every day, letting Him into the depths of your heart and you into the depths of His. To have that Oneness with Him. Again it is not sexual! :-) A daily interaction a closeness in heart and a deep deep love with Him. It is very different than a marital love or any other kind of love. It is amazing, you feel loved, save and blessed all at the same time. Perhaps this article will help some but the best teacher is Holy Spirit. :-) http://www.inspiration-for-singles.com/intimacy-with-Jesus.html

It was posted for singles but this is also available for all mankind if they so choose! :-)

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Not without an STD test. J/K it's not that kind of intimate Shan has it, in that it's a close relationship.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• OP, if you are sincerely interested in learning more about it, I would recommend the Bible Study "Experiencing God",by Henry Blackaby. It's great, and gives you a solid foundation on which to build an intimate relationship with God.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Getting spriitually intimate with God is what God wants us to do daily God wants it all.we as christians have to want and need a deeper relationship with God! And not with these false gods we as christians need to seek God out for ourself and dig deep into the word and start praying and fasting and worshiping God and serving God with our whole heart!! GOD IS SEARCHING FOR THAT SINCERE HEART FOR HIM! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TURN YOUR LIFE OVER TO GOD AND WATCH GOD CHANGE THINGS! BE BLESS!!
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 7:24 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Of course!

...and afterwards the God said to the Goddess: "That was Great...Rite?"

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011